Fredericton Family Chiropractic: A Creating Wellness Centre | Corporate Wellness Workshops
Help your employees to get well and stay well!
Book a Lunch and Learn Wellness Workshop with one of our wellness doctors. It’s FREE and it’s FUN…and it just may improve your company’s bottom line.
What is the problem?
A 2011 study commissioned by the New Brunswick government showed that 65% of New Brunswickers are overweight or obese, and the numbers are trending upwards. The study showed that failure to maintain a healthy weight increases the rate of chronic disease significantly (i.e. diabetes by factor of 3.5), and accounts for 33% of our provincial health care spending ($771 million/year.) This doesn’t even begin to take into consideration the health issues caused by chronic stress and other mental health issues.
Conservative estimates from the World Health Organization are that 80% of heart disease and diabetes, and 40% of most cancers, are preventable by reducing key risk factors. And how do you reduce key risk factors? By living a wellness lifestyle: Be Fit. Eat Right. Think Well. Get Adjusted.
Why should you care?
Simple. Because these people are your employees. And all of the experts agree that unhealthy employees costs companies money—a LOT of money—in increased benefit plan costs and decreased productivity.
What can you do about it?
Book a Lunch and Learn Wellness Workshop with one of our wellness doctors. We’ll come right to your office and engage the management and employees of your company in a compelling discussion about what wellness really is, where health really comes from, and about some of the simple things your staff can do to get well and stay well.
The best part? It’s FREE. That’s right, we’ll help you improve the health of your staff—which in turn will help your company’s bottom line—and you don’t have to pay us a thing.
Why? Because to us, there’s just no greater feeling than helping someone to improve the quality of their life by improving their level of wellness. That’s our passion and it’s why we do what we do every day. It’s an absolute thrill to help people become better versions of themselves. And if that means that your company ends up with happier, more productive employees and a boost to its bottom line, then everybody wins. Wouldn’t you agree?
Here are some more statistics that might interest you:
- Unscheduled employee absences cost organizations 8.7% of payroll annually (Mercer)
- Employees reporting a high degree of stress balancing work and family life miss twice as many days of work per year than those that do not (Conference Board of Canada)
- 45% of employees would stay at their jobs longer because of wellness programs, and 40% feel such programs make them feel encouraged to work harder and perform better (Principal Financial Group’s 2009 Well-Being Index)
- >Employers pay 28% more for healthcare than they did 5 years ago, and employees are paying 40% more (Towers Watson 2010 Health Care Cost Survey)
- Worksite health programs focused on lifestyle behavior change yield a $3 to $6 ROI for each dollar invested (US Centre for Disease Control)
- For every dollar spent on wellness programs, medical costs fall by about $3.27 and absenteeism costs by $2.73 (Harvard University)
- 77 of top 100 employers in Canada have a structured wellness program in place (Medisys Health Group)
- Employers with highly effective workplace wellness programs have performed 55% better than their industry peers (Towers Watson 2009/10 Staying @ Work Report)
In his wonderful book The Wellness & Prevention Paradigm, British Columbia chiropractor Dr. James Chestnut notes that over 80 percent of the workforce has chronic illness and that chronic illness is responsible for 9 days of absenteeism per employee per year and up to 91 days of lost productivity per employee per year. He then asks “does anyone actually believe that any business with 8 out of 10 chronically ill employees can compete with a business that has healthy employees?”
What do you think?
Contact us today to book a free, fun, and engaging Lunch and Learn Wellness Workshop with one of our wellness doctors. Your employees will be glad you did!